This kale caesar salad is amazing and you neeeed to try this salad dressing! I think the best salads always come down to the dressing. This is tangy and garlicky – everything you want in a caesar salad.
Also, if you’ve never been a fan of kale before – this will convert you! The most important step with kale is to always massage it first.
Plus it never goes soggy like other salads! So I can easily make a big batch and keep it for the week for lunches. ✨
Serves 2 V DF RSF
• 250g kale
• Olive oil
• Apple cider vinegar
• 1 avocado
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes
• Toasted sunflower seeds
• 1 slice rye sourdough
• 1 minced garlic
• Olive oil
• Sea salt flakes
• 1/2 cup cashews
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 lemon juice
• 1 tbsp capers
• 1 tbsp dijion mustard
• 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1 tsp sea salt
1. Soak 1/2 cup of cashews in boiling water for an hour and place aside.
2. Lightly toast the bread as it will go in the oven later.
3. Cut up into crouton sized cubes. Drizzle with olive oil, smear minced garlic and top with sea salt flakes. (If you want to be extra you can rub both sides of the toast together so they are completely coated on both sides).
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C and toast sunflower seeds on a tray with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt flakes.
5. Add 2 garlic cloves and the croutons together and bake together then place aside.
6. Rinse the kale and place in a large bowl. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and apple cider vinegar. 7. Massage the kale until it softens, it should reduce by half in size.
8. After the cashews have been soaked, drain and add to a blender. Add the roasted garlic and other Caesar dressing ingredients and blend together.
9. Drizzle some of the dressing into the kale and mix well.
9. Add chopped tomatoes, avocado, sunflower seeds and croutons and mix well. Enjoy!