These flavours tasted like chocolate and caramel together. Gooey but integral, sweet and salty. I definitely couldn’t stop at one!
My brother and Dad were building their own pizza oven in the backyard today (queue incoming pizza recipes) and I was running out these cookies and glasses milk to try.
(Didn’t tell them it was gluten free, dairy free & refined sugar free) and they loved them!
Serves 10 GF DF RSF
• 1 cup buckwheat flour
• 1/4 cup tahini
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp miso paste
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 egg
• 3/4 cup coconut sugar
• 1/4 cup pecans
• 1 tsp baking powder
• Pinch sea salt flakes
• Dark chocolate
• Sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Blend the tahini, miso paste, olive oil and coconut sugar together until creamy and combined.
2. Add the egg and vanilla extract and blend. Add buckwheat flour and baking powder and blend together.
3. Stir in pecans and chocolate chunks form into a large ball. Wrap up and freeze for 5-10 minutes. Take out and scoop out cookie balls.
4. Press in some chocolate chunks on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds and sea salt flakes.
5. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool on cooking rack and enjoy!