The two things I have most of in my kitchen: peanut butter and bananas 😂
Smooth peanut butter smothered on nutty and soft banana bread – tastes like heaven and the textures are insane! A simple and indulgent dish. 😍
• 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar
• 1/4 cup runny peanut butter
• 1/4 cup coconut yoghurt
• 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch sea salt
• 2 eggs
• 3 ripe bananas
• 1/2 cup peanuts
• Coconut sugar
• Peanut butter
• Chia seeds
1. Preheat the oven on 180°C.
2. Blend together the peanut butter (needs to be a runny kind for yummy moist banana bread), coconut yoghurt and sugar until combined well.
3. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and combine.
4. Then break up the bananas and add to the mixture, slowly blend them in (you want the mixture to still be pretty chunky).
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
6. Add the dry mixture into the wet, small part at a time, and mix on a low setting.
7. Add in the chopped nuts and mix.
8. Grease the baking pan (I used nuttelex) and pour in the mixture.
9. I also add a baking sheet to help it stay non-stick.
10. Sprinkle more cinnamon, coconut sugar and chopped peanuts on top.
11. Use a knife and cut through one line in the middle of the batter.
12. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
13. Allow to cool in the baking pan, tip upside down onto a cooking rack and completely cool before slicing. Enjoy!