Irresistible 2-Ingredient Pretzels Recipe
Get ready to experience the magic of freshly baked pretzels right in your kitchen, without any expertise required, with this easy and delightful 2-Ingredient Pretzels recipe.
These golden-brown treats took me back to the memories of that amazing bakery in London, where Dan and I discovered the joy of pretzels. There was this amazing bakery in the bottom level of a department store called Selfridges in central London. We would go just before they would close and buy a few of their pretzels at 75% off! We’d never really had many pretzels until we moved to London. I often miss those pretzels… until today.
Now, you can recreate those moments of indulgence with this simple yet scrumptious recipe. With just self-rising wholemeal flour and greek yoghurt, you’ll be amazed at how effortlessly these pretzels come together. So, let’s roll up our sleeves and dive into this delightful baking adventure!
Serves 4 | RSF
- 1 cup self-rising wholemeal flour
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 egg (or vegan butter)
- Sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the self-rising wholemeal flour, Greek yogurt, and a pinch of sea salt. Mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll the dough into a ball. Divide it into four sections with a knife and roll each section into a long line.
- Carefully shape each line into a pretzel, ensuring the ends are securely pressed down to prevent unraveling during baking.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with a fork and generously brush it over the pretzels, coating them evenly.
- For a larger, fluffier pretzel, prepare a pot of water and add the baking soda. Bring it to a boil.
- Using a spatula, carefully submerge each pretzel in the boiling water for 5-10 seconds. This step helps them puff up slightly.
- Remove the pretzels from the water and place them on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake the pretzels in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until they turn lightly brown.
- Once baked, brush the pretzels with melted butter (or vegan butter) and sprinkle with sea salt for added flavor.
- Serve warm and enjoy the goodness of these irresistible 2-Ingredient Pretzels!
2 Ingredient Pretzels
1 cup self-rising wholemeal flour
1 cup greek yoghurt
Pinch sea salt
2 tbsp baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350ºF
- Mix together the flour, salt, and greek yoghurt
- Lightly flour a surface and roll in a ball
- Divide into four sections with a knife and roll them out into four lines
- Carefully shape them into a pretzel
- In a small bowl mix 1 egg with a fork and generously brush over the pretzels
- (Optional step – but makes them larger) Boil water with baking soda
- Carefully submerge pretzels with a spatula into the water for 5-10 seconds until slightly expanded, then repeat with the remaining pretzels
- Place on a tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or lightly browned
- Brush melted butter and sprinkle with salt. Enjoy!
You’ve now mastered the art of making delectable homemade pretzels with only two ingredients! These pretzels are perfect for any time of the day, whether you’re craving a savory snack or a delightful treat to satisfy your taste buds. So, whenever you find yourself reminiscing about that wonderful bakery in London, you know you can turn to this recipe and indulge in the delightful goodness of homemade pretzels. Happy baking!