Combining two indulgent treats into one. I really love making donuts, they are such a fun and easy crowd pleaser.
Serves 6 V DF RSF
• 1 1/2 cup spelt flour
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 cup apple purée
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
• 3 tbsp coconut oil
• 2/3 cup oat milk
• Handful vegan choc chips
• Vegan white chocolate
• Cacao nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. Whisk the dry ingredients together.
4. Add the milk and apple cider vinegar together and side aside for 5 minutes to make “buttermilk”.
5. Melt the coconut oil and mix all the wet ingredients to the dry, sprinkle in a handful of vegan choc chips.
6. Sit aside for 10 minutes for the batter to expand slightly.
7. Oil donut baking tray and pour batter into the moulds.
8. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until they are brown, you want them to be well done so they remain raised.
9. Remove from moulds after a minute or so out of the oven so they remain crispy on the outside. Allow to cool on baking tray when done.
10. Make the icing by melting the chocolate in a bowl, by heating over boiling water or microwave.
11. Dip the donuts in upside down into the white chocolate, sprinkle cacao nibs on top. Enjoy!