Date & Tahini Porridge: A Comforting Delight for the Senses
Savour the comforting flavors of Date & Tahini Porridge, a delightful breakfast that will nourish your soul. As I navigate the excitement and occasional stress of moving into a new house, I’ve been creating little pockets of peace in our apartment. These organized areas provide a sense of order and tranquility, allowing me to find solace in the midst of the chaos.
One particular challenge I’ve encountered during this transition is the absence of a fridge in our new place. This has led to lots of take-out and for me to get more creative with the limited ingredients on hand. Luckily, there’s one comforting dish that doesn’t require a fridge and has become a staple: porridge. This is the og of my experimental porridge flavours and one of my all-time favourite staples.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup oat milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Sliced bananas
- Date syrup
- Sesame seeds
- Chia seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Chocolate granola
- In a pot, combine the porridge ingredients and slowly cook for a minimum of 15 minutes. Gradually add water to the oats throughout the cooking process.
- Test the oats for tenderness, allowing them to soften until they begin to reform. Transfer the porridge to a bowl.
- In a pan, pan-fry the sliced bananas with a touch of coconut oil until golden and caramelized.
- Arrange the pan-fried bananas on top of the porridge and generously sprinkle with the tantalizing combination of date syrup, creamy tahini, nutty sesame seeds, nutrient-packed chia seeds, crunchy cacao nibs, and irresistible chocolate granola.
Save it on instagram here
Watch how to make it on tiktok here
Date and Tahini Porridge
1/3 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup oat milk
3/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
- Add the porridge ingredients together in a pot and add other ingredients. Cook for a min of 15 mins, slowly add water to the oats over the cooking time
- Test the oats, and wait until they are soft, when the oats are just starting to form again, serve in a bowl
- Pan-fry bananas with a little bit of coconut oil and to porridge with other toppings
Embrace the soothing warmth and nourishment of Date & Tahini Porridge, a humble yet exquisite breakfast that brings comfort to the start of your day. Even without a fully stocked kitchen, you can enjoy a wholesome and flavoursome meal that invigorates your senses. So, let go of the stress, savor the simple pleasures, and relish in the blissful harmony of this delightful porridge.