Like brandy is to snaps, whiskey can be to porridge. Adding new indulgent layers, making it even more memorable coming into the greatest season of all
Serves 1 RSF
• 1/3 cup five grain oat mix
• 1/3 cup oat milk
• 2/3 cup water
• 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
• 1 tbsp whiskey
• 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
• Pinch sea salt
• Gingerbread granolaGreek yoghurt
• Apple compote
1. Add all the porridge ingredients together in a pot.
2. Cook for a min of 20 mins, slowly add water to the oats over the cooking time.
3. Test the oats, wait until they are soft, when the oats are just starting to form again, serve into a bowl.
4. Place warmed apple compote on porridge and other toppings, enjoy!